Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Lorelei



Don’t I color well?  Yes, I did shade her legs.  Thanks for noticing! ;-)



Everyone has heard of the Greek sirens.  You know, those pesky but beautiful women that lure sailors to their death with their magnificent naked bods and their insidious songs.  Apparently the German’s, not to be outdone by the Greeks, needed a supernatural explanation for bad weather and poor navigation skills, too.

The Lorelei (sometimes spelled Loreley or Lore Lay) hail from the Rhine where they play the harp and sing sweet songs.  There seems to be some confusion (at least on my part) if there are multiple Lorelei or just one.  For the purpose of this exercise we are going to go with a drove of strumpet like Faeries that have nothing better to do than entice men to their death.  If a man sees a Lorelei, he instantly goes mad and/or blind. 

They sit on a rock of the same name and wait for a passing boat.  Like they have nothing better to do.  Just so you know, if I had these talents, I’d take the show to town and really rake in the dough.  Think bigger ladies!!  Just because someone put you on a rock doesn’t mean you have to stay there.  Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. Love the coloring book shots, and everything magical, Buffy. When my nieces were little, I enjoyed zoning out with them and coloring. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some coloring books like that! I've always thought there were multiple Lorelei. They must get pretty bored, sitting around waiting for some man to float by.

    ReplyDelete