Friday, August 24, 2012

Puddlefoot


 
 
Last weekend I babysat a pair of five year old twins.  Okay, my husband and my mother-in-law helped.  I spent a good portion of Saturday afternoon sitting indian-style on the floor in front of a child’s size table coloring.  I probably hadn’t colored in 25 years, maybe longer.  I don’t think I appreciated it for what it was when I was a kid – a damn good excuse to zone out and relax.  Coloring is the ultimate de-stresser.

When I got home on Monday, I decided I wanted my own coloring books.  Amazon to the rescue!  Now I have five. (I know. I can’t just buy just one thought.)  Thanks to Dover Coloring Books I have three books with Faeries, one on Gargoyles and Medieval Monsters and even one with Vampires.

One of the coloring books inspired this week’s Faerie Friday post – Puddlefoot.  Please see picture about.  I know it’s not done yet, but I was running out of time.  I gave him pink and red shorts. :-)

Puddlefoot is a kind of Brownie that lives at Clochfoldich Farm in Scotland (somewhere outside of Tayside thought unless you know Scotland well will mean nothing to you.  It means nothing to me.)  As most good browies, he does a lot of household chores.  The only problem with Puddlefoot is he likes to go splashing around the pools of the Altmore Burn before going to work. He gets the work done, but he leaves wet little footprints everywhere. 

I don’t know about you folks, but I could forgive a few wet footprints for a clean house!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, my dogs leave wet footprints and they DON'T clean the house!
    Getting coloring books is a great idea, much easier than the wall-size mural I'm painting right now to relieve that same artistic energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, coloring books are a good outlet without being to permanent.

      Delete
  2. Colouring is relaxing! Why should kids have all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some coloring books for myself for the very same reason and never remember to take advantage of their detoxing, zoning-out properties, alas.
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete