Saturday, October 20, 2012

Author Photos

I decided a few months ago that I need to have professional photos taken. I hate, hate, hate getting my picture taken so when it came to picking a photographer, I was really particular. The photographer that photographed my wedding was awesome and she moved back into the area over the summer. Yay for me! You can check her out on Facebook.

Anyway, two weekends ago I met her down in the Stockade section of Schenectady for the shoot. The hour started with sprinkles, followed by huge gusts of wind from the river and finally sun. Both The Dark Man and the novel I am starting next month take place in this very neighborhood.

Here are some of my favorite shots:


St. George's church as a background.
 
 
 
One of my favorite houses on Front Street.
 
 
Very authory. Don't ya think?
 
 
Looking out over the Mohawk. Isle of the Cayugas in the distance.
 
 
Lovely set of gates.
 
 
Riverside Park
 
 
Another house on Front Street.
 
 
St. George and a few grave stones in the background. Most graves were moved to Vale Cemetery.
 
 
Street scene.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, that bright colour really suits you, good choice.

    I left you a tag to the Liebster Award on my blog recently if you wanted to pick it up. Not sure if you have done it before it's for bloggers with less than 200 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, Thanks for you kind comments and thanks for the Liebster Award. Very thoughtful of you.

      Delete