Saturday, November 12, 2011

Library of The Buff

My friend Nina suggested that I add a list of research books onto my blog, a quasi bibliography for Pixies Don’t Have Wings.   I had already thought about doing that, but it would require more work than I am willing to do at this time. She suggested that I take a few pictures of my library and post them up.
 
I’m not going to pretend that I’ve read everyone one of these books cover to cover.  I’ve read quite a few of them cover to cover, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day to 1) write 2) blog 3) read for fun 4) Eat, Sleep and Breath 5) go to work (gotta have cash to feed my booking buying addiction) AND to read all of the research materials that I want.  Quite a few of the larger books are dictionaries and I refuse to read those from start to finish.  Some of the books I bought for current projects and some are for future projects.   I like to have what I need when I need it.  I don’t rely on the Internet for my research because frankly, some of it is just plain suspect.

Yes, if you were wondering, this is me procrastinating.  NaNoWriMo is harder than I thought it would be.  I’m not looking for sympathy, but stating a fact.  I’m still under 10,000 words for my project, Working Title: Enlightened.  I hope to catch up in the next week.  I was able to write 3000 words last night with the help of some nice women and #1kin1hr on Twitter.  I love Twitter.

So here we go, a glimpse of the Library of The Buff.  I'm probably the only one that is excited about this.

I work in the third bedroom of my house.  Right now I am sitting cross legged on the futon (a relic from my husband’s old apartment), laptop propped up on a pillow and my back hunched over typing.  Yes, my back is killing me.  I’ll never learn. 

The Seven Days of Halloween prompted me to pull out a few dozen books off my shelves and I didn’t put any of them back.  Not only am I a book hoarder, I’m also a slob as well.  I picked them all off from the floor, under the bed, on my desk and put them on the bed.  This is what it looked like:


Shameful, I know.


Here are so more shots of the books after I put them away.  Pardon the dust.  There’s a lot of it.



Yes, there is an entire book on Gnomes.  I love gnomes.  We have a lovely gnome statue in our front garden I named Jago.  He was a gift from my husband for my birthday.




Close up shot.




Another close up



Some of the other stacks of books


Faeries, Mythology and Italian Witchcraft




Celtic Wisdom, Russian Mythology, Faeries and Norse Myths




Djinns, Faeries and Wicca (I'm not a Wiccan)




Miscellaneous.  Some Norse Mythology, Irish Mythology, Turkish Fairy Tales




Nice Collection of Fairy Tales and Mythology from around the world.





More Miscellaneous books on Celtic Mythology Dictionaries and Faerie Lore





More Witchy Stuff (I stress, I am not a Wiccan or Witch. This is for research purposes only.)




Fiction titles I'd like to review on this blog. Again, not enough hours in the day.


So what are some of your favorite books on Faeries, Witchcraft, Mythology, etc?



r


2 comments:

  1. Hi Buffy--

    You had me with your garden gnome. He looks naughty. Then I saw your library. Oh. My. Goddess. You have my friend Rosemary Ellen Guiley's books. You chose wisely, my Twitter friend. If I took photos of my library, people would say, "Whaaat-the-whaaat?" Thanks for sharing yours!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her books are great. Thanks for following the blog!

    ReplyDelete