Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Monacielli “Little Monk”



I don't think the Monaciello would be wearing a cross, but I'm not sure.



Origin:  Naples, Italy

Description:  The Monacielli look like tiny chubby drunken monks.  They wear sandals and a brilliant red habit and hat.  They can turn into cats at will.

Disposition:  They are a pain in the ass to have around. They dwell in human houses where they pinch people (where I do not know), steal clothes, knock over wine glasses, dance on people’s chests when they sleep, and make a huge mess.  They are even known to cut off little girls’ braids.

Apparently, they have an obsessive compulsive streak.  If you leave out a sieve for them, they will spend hours counting each and every hole.  They are poor at math and this task will take hours - a great way to get one out of your hair for a while.

The Monaciello are known to guard a massive treasure.  If you can steal their hat, you can ransom it back to the chubby little guy for part of the treasure.  It can’t live without its hat.



2 comments:

  1. My cats act like this. I wonder if they are actually Monacielli. They do seem to have OCD, especially when it comes to tormenting the dogs. They must make a thorough job of it before the task is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cats just torment me! I think they enjoy getting my nerves and trying to kill me. I had one all most push me down the stairs today.

    ReplyDelete