Friday, September 13, 2013

Hey, that chick has my face!



Today is Friday the 13th. Yeah, don’t get all excited about it. I’m not particularly superstitious. I love black cats to distraction. I’ll walk under a ladder with wild abandon. I’ll even dance a jig if the right song is on the radio. And if there was any merit to the broken mirror prophecy, my bad luck would last well into my death. Can a rotting corpse have bad luck? I guess the rotting part doesn’t suggest exceptionally good luck.

*Buff shrugs*

My Grandma Wade used to say that Friday the 13th was one of the luckiest days of the year. I guess she was one of those glass-half-filled kinda gals. I liked that about her. 

Anyway, in honor of today and the foolish dread some folks will no doubt feel, I decided to write about one of my favorite faerie like creatures – the Co-Walker. He’s creepy. He’s bad luck. He's perfect for today's Faerie Friday post.

Some of you folks will know the Co-Walker by some of his/her/its other names. Fetch. Doppelganger. Ghosts     of the Living. Copies. I’m especially fond of Thrumpins. Yes, Thrumpins.

Picture this: You’ve had an exceptionally long, tiring day. You can’t find a parking spot near your apartment. You drive around and around for what seems like hours and you finally find a spot in a dark corner three blocks from your place to park. As you are walking down the street, you hear footsteps behind you. You quicken your pace, but so does the guy behind you. Your heart pounds in your chest. You can’t catch your breath. You forget the uneven patch of pavement in front of your building and you find yourself tumbling onto the ground. When you look up from your humiliating sprawl, you stare into the face of someone that looks like you. Just like you. Right down to the hot pink ponytail holder and scuffed shoes.

No, that’s not the twin your mother never told you about. It’s a Co-Walker and that fact that you’ve seen him means only one thing – you’re a dead man. Or woman.

The Co-Walker is a powerful portent of death. Seeing him means your death is imminent. But sometimes, he befriends lonely children. I guess he’s not all bad, folks.


I will concede this isn’t one of my best Faerie Friday posts. In my defense, a bunch of my research books are buried under a pile of other books in my office. I had this incident a few weeks back where my desk collapsed. Long story, but I’ll try to be more creative in the future. 

8 comments:

  1. Ooo. I bet some great stories could be written about this creature. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt! I've got one in a story I'm working on. :-)

      Delete
  2. Bite gum. The dreary biting movement will help reinforce your jaw. ...

    Do the "X-O" work out. Significantly articulate "X-O" no less than multiple times. ...

    Do the jaw opener. ...

    Do the cheek lift. ...

    Make "angle lips." ...

    Make puffy cheeks. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, as my student, you are my #1 priority. All of my courses are designed to cater to ensure wide variety of audience. For example, if something remains unclear to you, or you need help understanding anything within my course, just send me a message and I will be happy to spend some one-on-one time with you in order to clarify and provide answers to your questions. This is to ensure you learn better and retain the knowledge. My courses will help you gain real world skills and knowledge and change your life today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't discover a parking space close to your condo. You drive around and around for what appears as though hours and instyle jackets you at long last discover a spot in a dim corner three squares from your place to stop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridge City is a Reputable Cabinetry & Renovations Contractor. We Provide Services in IKEA Kitchen Design and Construction. We are a Quality Renovation Contractor that Renews and Brings Life back to Existing Properties no Matter what kind of Space you are Looking to Renovate: Bathrooms, Living Rooms, Kitchens, or Other Living Spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. However, you and I both know, it’s so much easier said than done. I did end up losing all that weight, but I’ll admit that I was terrified about gaining it back, so I started restricting my food intake and doing way too much cardio. And I can’t tell you how many hours I spent starring at a mirror criticizing myself! Unfortunately, I ended up becoming bulimic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramma foundation is a company and a foundation that provide crack repair snow remove and gutter clean service. We are the crack repair foundation in Alberta Edmonton. We provide services like crack repair, gutter clean services, show removal, in short we are the foundation repair in Edmonton. If you are worried about the cracks on your home do not worry we are here to get it repair. If you are worried about snow on your roof, we can remove it. We are here to clean you gutter.

    ReplyDelete